Thursday 16 August 2012

More than medical

I'm either incredibly brave, showing my trust and faith in God, or, incredibly stupid. I haven't quite decided yet.

But, here we go, I stopped my antidepressants, cold turkey (for those of you who aren't aware, this is not a good thing). A close friend stopped hers in the same way a while ago and watching her over-sensitive emotional state (which I'm pleased to say she skipped through unscathed) made me vow to keep taking my pills like a good girl and possibly, maybe, have some therapy. Except I didn't have therapy, and I did stop the meds. Why? Why would I, a sane, rational person, stop taking what I've been told I needed. Deliberately put myself through pain, sinking depression and a mental battle? Because I can fight. Because I hold the power the Lord put inside me, inside all of us, I can tell the devil to do one.

My depression, this label that I've lived by most of my life has been peeled off, scrunched up and cast away. Walking in His light leaves no space for mental darkness.

As an ending note, I am not, by any means saying all modern medicine is evil. Etc, etc. I'm due an operation soon, and I'll have it willingly knowing God is guiding my surgeons hands and I will (quite literally) walk again. But we hold the Holy Spirit in us, it should flow continuously like a river (wise words)  just waiting to be tapped into. When we need it.

In the words of He-man (an ever reliable literary source) 'I have the power!'

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Meg. You have tremendous power within you, for the LORD Himself resides there. I believe He will fully restore you in His perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you from All Things New, and I am praying for your too Meg. I trust that He will reward you for your faith and trust in Him. Stay strong and focused!!

    Blessings,
    Kimberly of Sew Encouraging (www.sewencouraging.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! I'll pray for you in your depression recovery (i fought ppd/ppa unmedicated for a year and know how hard it can be) and for your surgery!

    ReplyDelete