Monday 23 July 2012

Pesky seasons

'Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
A time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time to love and a time to hate,
A time for war and a time for peace.'

So. That's the longest quote ever. But that lovely verse got me thinking about the day to dayness of my life, how every ailment, every problem feels like it's never going to go away. But, as the seasons in nature change so do the seasons of our lives. In Spring for instance, trees sprout new buds, new life, just as God places hope in our hearts for our personal changes.

Right now I'm in a broken-knee-but-trying-to-be-positive season. I'm failing miserably and am mainly being a depressive moper whose obsessivly shaving my legs in case of surprise hospital visits. I'd give anything, even my right leg (irony), to be out frolicking in the sunshine. However, this is God's plan. And, through his grace and goodwill I will heal, mend and move onto my next season. This is my time for knee ache. But also my time for great, supportive friends. For teaching my babies all new skills. For sharing my love with my amazing husband and for learning even more about this awesome path I'm on.

All in all. My season ain't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment