Saturday 8 September 2012

Ambulance rides

In the last 6 months I have been in an ambulance 3 times. For  serious infection, a dislocated knee and, most recently, a burst ovarian cyst. For the first two journeys I was scared senseless, my pain was overbearing, my nails were imbedded in my husbands hand and I thought I, a humble shape of flesh, could never survive such torture. Last night was different.

The pain was akin to a cattle prod in my back. A switched on cattle prod. Once again I was chucked into an ambulance, plugged in to the entinox and was leaving permanent nail indents in my husbands hand. Once again I charted my pain (8 out of 10) and wound myself into the fetal position, once again I left mascara tear tracks all over my face. But this time I didn't think the worse, I knew my God would help me through, I knew this storm would pass and I would hopefully be stronger for it. I knew I wasn't suffering alone.

1 Corinthians 6:19 'or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? Your body is not your own'

He is here, whenever we need Him, and he will weather our storms, side by side with us. When we have our faith in Him we must never suffer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment